Monday, December 5, 2011

Blasters & Bulkheads: the easy sell

Classic cinema.


I picked up the new Blasters & Bulkheads from Mr. Pyle recently. Finally got it printed, so I have been reading through it. Looks good! Will definitely be a go-to game for not-Star-Wars gaming, IMHO. That being said, I had one important question: how does it handle doors?


The backstory: when the Star Wars CMG was in its heyday, there was a little commentary that, used properly, proper opening and closing of doors could be a strategic advantage, to the point of people joking it was a game about, you know, doors. And then someone went through the six movies and compiled a list of, well, plot points and scenes where doors were actually pretty important. Think about it! Good stuff.


So I crack open the new game, and, right there on page 13, door rules. Nice. I'm nothing if not an easy sell.

1 comment:

  1. I happen to have some cool 20mm Star Wars figs...let's make this happen.

    ReplyDelete