Friday, January 2, 2015

ambition for the new year



Games I want to play more of in 2015, alphabetically:
* 7tv/7ombieTV/7th Voyage
* Bushido
* IHMN
* Pulp City

Games I want to try out in 2015, alphabetically:
* Batman
* Dark Age
* Relic Knights
* Wolsung
* Wrath of Kings
I never have enough time to game, much less prep and paint all the miniatures and terrain I want to for said games (or even for all the minis I buy, whoops.) So I try to plan for games I am playing, and games I want to play (and games the crew wants to play.) Prepping for the future is always a crap shoot, but luckily you'll notice some distinct overlap with the settings and themes of the above games.

Side note: looking at the big list of games I have (don't ask) and figs I've obtained (really, it's embarrassingly long, don't ask) one weird thing I have seen is that I really don't play a lot of fantasy games. Like, at all. Steampunk, yes, but that's not the same. Bushido is fantasy, but falls into that nebulous and poorly-named Oriental/Far East genre. You'd think with fantasy being such a stable of gaming, I'd have something swords-and-sorcery as a go-to selection, but nope. 

6 comments:

  1. Great intentions for the new year! I have very similar interests! Distractions and time are also an issue for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in all those targets PMMDJ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke. I'm looking forward to the challenge. Or something. Heh.

      Delete
  3. Nothing wrong with ambition dude! Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arch Stanton! Best to you in 2015!

    ReplyDelete